I am a fully qualified Cambridge CELTA Main Course Tutor (MCT) with experience delivering courses for a range of providers, including the British Council, International House and NILE ELT. In the last four years I have trained teachers at centres in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Egypt and Bahrain.
The Cambridge English CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is probably the most widely recognised ELT qualification in the world. This 120-hour course covers the foundations of English language teaching, through a combination of input sessions, teaching practice, feedback and written assignments.
I take pride in delivering high-quality, learner-centred training. Whether novice or already highly experienced, my aim is to prepare effective and confident teachers for life beyond the training room.
– Highly-contextualised and personalised input content
– Differentiated, ‘demand high’ approach to candidate participation
– Lesson planning and teaching practice feedback sessions tailored according to candidates’ learning preferences
– High level of course satisfaction
– Willingness to deliver courses at extremely short notice (subject to availability)
Find out more about my thoughts on becoming a CELTA tutor in my article for Teach-In Education.
Photos: Bernhard Wagner
“Celta challenges you the most but I was lucky enough to find inspiration and support from an excellent tutor. So passionate and caring, Rose showed me what makes a good teacher and for that I’ll be forever grateful.”
– Monica, CELTA candidate, The London School, Thiene
“I had a fantastic time learning to teach with Rose. She has an energetic, enthusiastic style and was very receptive to our needs. She always went the extra mile to help.”
– Matt, CELTA candidate, Manchester Central School of English
“Rose’s enthusiasm and dedication shines through in all that she does, ensuring that your initial teacher training forms the firmest possible foundation for future practice.”
– Jason, Trinity CertTESOL candidate, Liverpool School of English
“The CELTA was such a massive leap for me professionally and I couldn’t have made that jump without Rose’s help. Rose pushed me to my limits, encouraged my creativity and supported me through the toughest four weeks of my life…she made the CELTA worth every penny.”
– Zenab, CELTA candidate, British Council Bahrain
“I wouldn’t have made it through such an intensive course without Rose’s guidance, support and patience. She is a meticulous, fair and hard-working tutor.”
– Asmaa, CELTA candidate – British Council Egypt
As a reflective practitioner, I am very open to constructive feedback. I’d love to hear from you if have attended one of my CELTA courses. What did you take away? How could I do better? Would you recommend me?