I am a fully qualified Cambridge CELTA Main Course Tutor (MCT) with experience delivering courses for the British Council and International House, in the UK, Ireland, Egypt and Bahrain. My initial teacher training experience also includes delivery of the Trinity CertTESOL, an equivalent Ofqual Level 5 qualification.
The Cambridge English CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is probably the most widely recognised ESL qualification in the world. This 120-hour course covers the foundations of English language teaching, through a combination of input sessions, teaching practice, feedback and written assignments.
I take pride in delivering high-quality, learner-centred CELTA tutoring. My aim is to prepare effective and confident teachers for life beyond the training room.
– Highly contextualised and personalised input
– Differentiated, ‘demand high’ approach to trainee participation
– Visual support during lesson planning and teaching practice feedback
– High level of course satisfaction
– Willingness to deliver courses at extremely short notice (subject to availability)
Find out more about my thoughts on becoming a CELTA tutor in my article for Teach-In Education.
Photos: Bernhard Wagner
“I had a fantastic time learning to teach with Rose. She has an energetic, enthusiastic style and was very receptive to our needs. She always went the extra mile to help.”
– Matt, CELTA trainee, Manchester Central School of English
“Rose’s enthusiasm and dedication shines through in all that she does, ensuring that your initial teacher training forms the firmest possible foundation for future practice.”
– Jason, Trinity CertTESOL trainee, Liverpool School of English
“The CELTA was such a massive leap for me professionally and I couldn’t have made that jump without Rose’s help. Rose pushed me to my limits, encouraged my creativity and supported me through the toughest four weeks of my life…she made the CELTA worth every penny.”
– Zenab, CELTA trainee, British Council Bahrain
“Rose’s positive energy, friendly manner and attention to detail helped to make the experience of CELTA teacher training both manageable and enjoyable. I learned so much under Rose’s personalised tutelage and now feel well-equipped to enter the ELT world.”
– Michael, CELTA trainee – International House Galway, Ireland
“I wouldn’t have made it through such an intensive course without Rose’s guidance, support and patience. She is a meticulous, fair and hard-working tutor.”
– Asmaa, CELTA trainee – British Council Egypt
As a reflective practitioner, I am very open to constructive feedback. I’d love to hear from you if have attended one of my CELTA courses. What did you take away? How could I do better? Would you recommend me?