I am a fully qualified Cambridge CELTA Main Course Tutor (MCT) with experience delivering courses for the British Council and International House, in the UK, Ireland, Egypt and Bahrain. My initial teacher training experience also includes delivery of the Trinity CertTESOL, an equivalent Ofqual Level 5 qualification.
The Cambridge English CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is probably the most widely recognised ESL qualification in the world. This 120-hour course covers the foundations of English language teaching, through a combination of input sessions, teaching practice, feedback and written assignments.
I take pride in delivering high-quality, learner-centred CELTA tutoring. My aim is to prepare effective and confident teachers for life beyond the training room.
– Highly contextualised and personalised input
– Differentiated, ‘demand high’ approach to trainee participation
– Visual support during lesson planning and teaching practice feedback
– High level of course satisfaction
– Willingness to deliver courses at extremely short notice (subject to availability)
Find out more about my thoughts on becoming a CELTA tutor in my article for Teach-In Education.
Photos: Bernhard Wagner
“I feel privileged to have trained with Rose. During my CELTA course, her feedback was highly supportive and constructive, and her training techniques – inspiring and enjoyable.”
– Kevin, CELTA trainee – British Council Egypt
“I wouldn’t have made it through such an intensive course without Rose’s guidance, support and patience. She is a meticulous, fair and hard-working tutor.”
– Asmaa, CELTA trainee – British Council Egypt
“Rose’s positive energy, friendly manner and attention to detail helped to make the experience of CELTA teacher training both manageable and enjoyable. I learned so much under Rose’s personalised tutelage and now feel well-equipped to enter the ELT world.”
– Michael, CELTA trainee – International House Galway, Ireland
“Rose is a wonderful trainer. She gave guidance when needed yet allowed me to develop my own creativity and autonomy in lesson planning. Her input sessions brought some really interesting topics to bear, which I really enjoyed.”
– Claire, CELTA trainee – International House Galway, Ireland
“Rose is professional, empathetic and instinctively knowledgable about the art of teaching and learning. Feedback is detailed and constructive and always shared in a way that encourages self reflection and useful insight. I would recommend her without hesitation.”
– Jenn, Trinity CertTESOL trainee, Liverpool School of English
“Rose’s enthusiasm and dedication shines through in all that she does, ensuring that your initial teacher training forms the firmest possible foundation for future practice.”
– Jason, Trinity CertTESOL trainee, Liverpool School of English