I have experience preparing in-service teachers from a variety of different contexts for Modules 1-3 of the Cambridge English Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT).
More and more schools, universities and independent language teaching institutions are encouraging their teachers to demonstrate knowledge of English language teaching through the TKT qualification. Although the TKT is a written test, my test preparation courses include a practical teaching component, where teachers can put their knowledge into practice and receive useful feedback on their learning.
– In-depth knowledge of Modules 1-3 of the test
– Supportive, contextualised approach to input
– Integrated teaching practice (via micro-teaching)
– Personalised, written feedback on each candidate’s performance
– High level of course satisfaction
“As the Higher Education and Access Programme (HEAAP) teacher trainer, Rose adapted the TKT material according to the project’s specific needs and the teachers’ context. She designed a course timetable that accommodated input sessions, micro-teaching and group feedback sessions. The feedback received from the trainees was excellent – both the content and teaching methods were highly praised and the provision of references to further learning material was very much appreciated.”
– Julie Nassr, HOPES Project Co-ordinator (Higher and Further Educational Opportunities and Perspectives for Syrians)
“Rose was really supportive and helped me a lot…her simplicity and smart techniques had me focused and growing all the way through the course.”
– Wejdan, TKT course participant – International House Tripoli-Elite, Libya